In our recent article ‘The 7 most annoying Facebook personalities’ we took a look into the psyche of some of the most irritating types of status-wasters you commonly come across on Facebook – but what about Facebook’s arch nemesis and rival social network, Twitter?
Here is our cheeky look at the 7 types of twitter personalities who may frequently fill your feed:
- Sir-spams-a lot: Just as the title suggests, these tweeps seem to think they have been given a knighthood to the twitterverse and subsequently use the site as their own personal channel to post dodgy links on their feed as well as in DM’s to unsuspecting fools which direct back to porn sites and other explicit channels.
- Self-promoter: Most commonly found on brand pages and other official business handles, these twitter accounts exist for one thing and one thing only – that is to shamelessly (and mind-numbingly) tweet content specifically generated from their website pages. Things like boring company news updates (that no one cares about except their PR department), bland sales messages etc etc… we’re getting bored even writing this, imagine how their followers feel!
- Twisted Twitter trolls: Unfortunately, these unpleasant folk are becoming more and more vocal on the twitter air-waves – think narky, bitter and twisted sociopaths who feel the need to validate their existence on earth by putting down others in very vocal and usually expletive-ridden tirades, before skulking away under their cowardly cloak of anonymity.
- The Friendless ‘Follow-me-back: These poor lost souls live and breathe to build their follower list. Instead of tweeting interesting, relevant content which in turn encourages a loyal list of subscribers to their twitter feed (duh, go figure!), the friendless follow-me-backer prefers instead to pursue their prey head-on by relentlessly following any and every twitterer under the sun, only to drop their newfound ‘friend’ within 24 hours when the twi-love is not reciprocated. Just like Rebecca black, their favourite day of the week is of course, #followfriday.
- Acronym-aholics: Who might these tweeps be you wonder? Perhaps a few words may jog your memory – YOLO, LOL, and OMG! WTF! are just a few of the delightful ‘words’ which tend to make frequent appearances in the twitter vernacular of these highly educated (note our sarcasm) and refined individuals. Most likely to be members of the i-generation, these enthusiastic twitterers love to comment on anything to do with celebrity culture, TV shows and life in general – yet rarely offer much value with their incessant chatter.
- Serial complainers: No longer content with sending long-winded, strongly-worded letters of disgust, outrage and annoyance straight to brands via email or snail-mail, this new breed of consumer uses twitter only as an ideal outlet to vent their frustration at unsuspecting and well-meaning brands.
- Any person who includes ‘I’m a belieber’ in their twitter bio: These obsessed Justin Beiber fans lurk on twitter, sending creepy messages of love to fellow beiberphiles, tweeting #beiberfacts whilst simultaneously experiencing the little-known mythical phenomena known as a #beibergasm (aka the feeling of pure joy when Justin Beiber tweets about tying up a shoelace).
How did we go? Do you think we hit the mark with our 7 types of twitter personalities? If you enjoyed this article, check out one of our similar tongue-in-cheek posts: ’7 signs you’re addicted to social media‘. And don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter or ‘like’ us on Facebook if you would like to be notified of new blog articles by contentforclicks.