Great content marketing can be one of the most cost effective ways to drive traffic to your website and ultimately improve your conversion rates, but there’s no point writing great quality business blogs for your website if it never gets read! The below are 7 easy ways to improve the click through rates on your articles:
1. Attention grabbing headlines: A well-crafted headline is arguably the most important factor determining whether readers will click through to your article. Articles that begin with ‘Top 5 tips to …’ or ‘How to….’ or include stats (eg ‘98% of people think…) tend to have higher CTRs and attract more readers than those which are less topical.
2. Keeping your headlines short: Research has shown that short, punchy headlines which are straight to the point are 80% more likely to be viewed over those which are long winded. Specifically, headlines which consist of 8 words, none of which are embellished, are better than those which contain too many descriptive words.
3. Write content targeted at your key audience: Put yourself in the shoes of your target audience and ask yourself, if I was my customer, what sort of content would I be searching for? Instead of talking about how great your products or services are, talk about the benefits they will offer for your customer and how they will improve his/her life.
4. Use optimised keywords: The higher your blogs rank in organic searches, the more people will see your content and click through, therefore it stands to reason that the more keywords you include in your articles, the more relevant Google and other search engines will view your content as, and the better your articles will rank.
5. Include an image thumbnail: content which is accompanied by an image thumbnail is much more likely to be clicked on (and shared!) than those which include either no image, or just a stock standard image of your company logo.
6. Promote via your social media networks: Your social media channels can be a great source of free ‘publicity’ for your business blog articles and other website content – after you have posted your articles, make sure you let people know that they are available for viewing via links on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and other social channels.
7. Analyse your data: Once you have started writing regular content, monitor the click-through rates of your articles and keep an eye on what is working and what’s not. Note down which articles perform best, and then make sure you incorporate the same techniques and topics for your upcoming business blog articles.
Increasing your click through rate is the first step to building your website traffic and converting those visitors into paying customers – ultimately, the best way to do this is to regularly post interesting, well written content. And don’t forget – if you enjoyed this article, subscribe to our newsletter or ‘like’ us on Facebook to be notified whenever we post new blogs!