Most people would rather watch a movie or look at a picture than pick up a book to read – so it’s little wonder that often when in the planning stages of a new website (or website redesign), the text content of your website can be overlooked in favour of aesthetics!
No matter if you are you a small business owner in the planning stages of your first website, or a seasoned professional with a growing business in need of a website refresh, quality website copy should be top of mind!
Here are 5 reasons why you should hire a freelance SEO copywriter:
- Quality: You wouldn’t attempt to write the HTML code for your website functionality and ecommerce facilities, so why would you attempt to write the text for your webpages either? Outsourcing a professional SEO copywriter will ensure that your website copy is written in the tone and language of your specific target audience, which is optimised with key words and phrases that you want to rank for organically.
- Attracts better qualified, targeted leads to your website: A skilled freelance SEO copywriter will be well versed in identifying your target audience and ‘getting into their skin’ i.e. they will be able to understand what motivates your key audience, and how to write copy that is not only compelling but includes calls to action to direct your website visitors down the buying funnel and into the checkout.
- Saves you time: Since you’re not a professional writer, it stands to reason that if you were to attempt to write your own website copy, it would take up a large amount of your time which could be invested in more profitable ventures. Not only that, but many freelance copywriters finish their work outside of core business hours, meaning that you could hire a copywriter at dinner time, and then wake up to a freshly written page of content sitting in your email the next morning.
- Cost effective: The majority of certified copywriters work from home, which means you can save on costly digital agency fees by opting to outsource your SEO copywriting to a freelancer whos fee’s are likely to be much smaller,
- Higher organic search engine rankings: Employing a certified website SEO copywriter means you can feel secure in the knowledge that your new website content will be optimised, keyword rich, with clear and concise calls to action. The better written your content, the more likely you will attract relevant visitors as well as social mentions and shares, and ultimately obtain higher search engine result rankings.
Investing in quality, search engine optimised website copy is the equivalent of having a highly skilled business development manager working for you around the clock; selling your products and attracting qualified leads to your website. Save yourself the trouble and outsource your website copy to a professional.